Five Things To Look For In Water Damage Professionals
It is devastating when water damage affects your home and personal belongings. You want your home and life restored to normal as quickly as possible, but you also want to be sure you are in good hands. When it comes to choosing a water damage restoration company in Waukesha, there are 5 things you should keep in mind to help you select someone you can trust.
Water Damage In Waukesha
- Choose a company that has emergency response services. The steps a homeowner takes immediately following water damage will have a significant impact on the amount of damage that occurs and how quickly their home can be restored. Because water damage can happen at any time, day or night, you need to choose a company that is able to respond any time, day or night. Even a few hours can make the difference in saving carpets and furniture, so call a restoration company that has 24/7 emergency services so they can get to you as quickly as possible and mitigate any further damages.
- Look for a company that has licensed, insured, and well-trained technicians. Focus on restoration services that are properly licensed and insured in your state, and consider the staff’s expertise and experience. How long has the company been in business? Are they certified through a reputable certification program? Do they undergo continuing education and training? You want to be sure that a water damage expert is handling the restoration of your home, so do your research and choose a company that has well-trained, licensed and professional employees.
- Equipment, technology, and techniques will make all the difference in ensuring adequate and thorough water extraction, drying, and restoration. Dehumidification is very important to ensure that all moisture is removed and to stop mold growth. By using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, a restoration company can speed up the cleanup process. You want a company that closely monitors the drying process on a daily basis to ensure that the area is completely dried. Companies that have invested in good equipment will produce the best results; do not settle for companies with sub-par equipment.
- The restoration team is not the only entity you will be dealing with during the water damage restoration process, you will also be working with your homeowner’s insurance group. One of the most frustrating results of water damage is trying to file a successful insurance claim. If you choose a restoration company that has good rapport with insurance companies, and has experience with insurance claims, it will make the process go much more smoothly and remove a lot of added stress for you.
- Choose White Knight. We have been servicing customers in Waukesha and surrounding areas since 1990, and are licensed through MCRA, IIRCR, and ICRA for our services. Our team is ready and available to respond 24/7, and will treat your home with the respect it deserves. We know how overwhelming water damage is, and that is why we are here to help. You don’t need to look any further for help, let White Knight handle all your water damage restoration needs.